Temporary up to 6 months
The Public Sector Management Division (PSMD) manages projects that lift the performance and productivity of the sector, build leadership capability, and ensure workforce sustainability.
Under the direction of the Change Management Strategist, the Communications Officer is responsible for the implementation of communication strategies that engage the long-term commitment of a large and diverse group of stakeholders with the program of the PSMD and its governing body, the Senior Management Council.
Summary of role and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be required to:
· implement communication plans
· prepare communication materials associated with programs;
· develop (or redevelop) websites, e-newsletters and social media;
· provide advice about communication issues associated with programs;
· prepare draft speeches as required
· provide reports and briefs as required
· promoting training sessions, special events, announcements, and launches.
Key Personal skills/abilities/knowledge sought:
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with experience in applying those skills across a variety of media, including digital formats.
· High level interpersonal skills including the ability to interact confidently, perceptively, and employ strong listening and negotiating skills.
· Knowledge of trends and methodologies in communication strategies.
· Knowledge and experience with whole of government protocols and communication policies.
· High-level ability to adapt to, and respond flexibly and proactively in, an environment of competing priorities, changes and expectations.
· High level skills in certain online applications, including Adobe Design Suite and Microsoft Office.
Applicants are asked to submit a Resume and a one page cover letter detailing their suitability for the position.
Applications and Enquiries to: Daniel Butler, Change Management Strategist, Public Sector Management Division. GPO Box 2343, Adelaide, 5001 (DX56201) or email email@example.com, Phone: 8204 9972.